Translate

Monday, January 21, 2013

My wife’s dream wedding becomes a reality: A tribute to our 25th year’s married life.

By: Fredolin Pagdilao Aguinaldo – Doha, Qatar


Because of my wife Evelyn’s dream to be blessed in a church wedding ceremony, my eldest daughter Rea Lynne together with my son Fredolin II and youngest daughter Anna Mae planned six (6) month ago supposedly surprise wedding and celebration to our 25th year of married life.

However, our plan wasn't the surprise we hoped it would be because we had to reveal it a few weeks earlier for some Roman Catholic Church requirements that need the bride’s personal appearance. Nevertheless, we still managed to prepare all the necessary arrangements without her knowing. We managed to ask her to dress-up for a supposed photo shot for Fredolin II school project but ended up bringing her to the Basilica De San Sebastian in Quiapo, Manila for a needed pre-wedding seminar and other paper requirements.

A twist of event nearly ruined all our efforts and plans when I had a misunderstanding with our only son Fredolin II the night of Pagdilao’s clan yearly reunion on the 30th of December 2012. Thank God we were able to sort out our differences before the year ended despite missing out on the opportunity to be with my extended family and friends.



Two (2) weeks ago, Evelyn and I finally shared our vows in a church wedding together with our family, old and new friends minus a very important figure – my father Anton who passed-away early last year. The effort of our event coordinator daughter Rea Lynne to bring the best for our wedding anniversary celebrations paid-off when she saw that everyone was having fun. Every detail was masterminded by her up to the tiniest detail.

I felt like a stranger when we had our civil wedding rites twenty-five (25) years ago (because I went to General Santos City all alone) – but the adrenalin that ran through my whole body during that time still lingers as of today. Evelyn is still gorgeous as she used to be despite having three (3) kids taking a toll on her once slim body. I, on the other hand, survived four (4) chemotherapy sessions due to cancer which made my body really frail. Twenty-five (25) years have passed and after treatment, a brand-new and better me is all I can offer and share with my wife.

Celebrating our love along with our two lovely girls Rea Lynne and Anna Mae including our only son Fredolin II made it a memorable occasion. I always tell my siblings that this might be my last “hurrah” but they always ignore my jokes and say: “masamang damo-mahirap ma-matay” – how I wish it is true.

After so many disagreements in life throughout that twenty-five (25) years of living together, I think we are still in love. No - we are still in love. My siblings, close friends, and family members think that NGO’s and Women’s advocates should give my wife “matiisin or martyrdom” award because of my temperamental attitude. I still remember when I was bedridden for 6-months I would say “wiwi” (I want to pee) and my wife was always there to assist me. I fully agree that the “matiisin” award is best fitted for her; no one can surpass my wife Evelyn - because of that, I love her more than my life.

Marriages are not an easy journey, but with our faith to each other were able to weather it all. We have each other to cling on and those three (3) beautiful children; they are the reason for living. Every negative incident we encounter should be forgotten and replaced with love and affection.

I have found happiness with Eve and never have I planned to let her go. I know I have shortcomings but I will always try to find ways to make up for them. I always treasure her love and as a result, hope to be together with her until the very end.



CLICK Image for more VIDEO & PHOTOshoots




No comments:

Post a Comment