Translate

Friday, December 21, 2018

Our firstborn solo travel log in Europe

Three coats, 3 jackets, 3 turtlenecks, 3 pairs of shoes, 3 pairs of pants, 2 leggings, underwear, socks, a skirt, a dress, a pair of gloves and a scarf = 1 luggage, a sports bag, and a backpack. I KNOW I'm CRAZY, I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO TRAVEL LIGHT. Six planes and a lot of train/tram rides + numerous people who helped me along the way.


I always find it exhilarating to travel alone, it's liberating and life-changing. Trying to strike up a conversation with a stranger and doing new things feels so magical to me. I learn so much and get to know more about myself and my capabilities when I'm solo.


This morning I came back home from a 10-day trip to Europe. I started my sojourn in Munich, Germany and stayed for 2 days then took a flight to Oslo, Norway. Took a train to Bergen with my good friend the next morning and dragged her to places where BTS went to before for one of their variety shows ðŸ˜… Went back to Oslo the next day only to take another train to Gothenburg, Sweden that night where I got to go to an amusement park with a Christmas market inside.


 After touring around the morning I left by train again to Stockholm. I went to a few places during the day (BTS inspired again) and by evening I was on a flight to Amsterdam where I spent the last 2.5 days of my trip.


I did all this without data (didn't subscribe to my network's plan before leaving Doha) and just relied on free wifi. I had a dysfunctional charging port so I could only charge using a wireless charger which was very slow compared to plugging it directly. The best and worst part was I didn't have an itinerary and was basically winging it every day trying to avoid tourist traps but still going to recommend places by Google lol.



While eating lunch this afternoon and telling my dad snippets of my journey he was saying "ang Lakas Talaga ng loob mo" which can mean "you really have guts, you're so brave or to be courageous" in the context of traveling alone. I don't know if he was proud of me for being an independent woman but I felt that he was, so I just wanted to say that I am who I am today because of how they raised me.



 Our parents always let me and my siblings do what we wanted (as long as it's not too crazy ... I guess I shouldn't tell them how much I've spent in fangirling lol) and didn't hold us back. They taught us things but also, let us learn by ourselves through experience. I'm thankful that they are very supportive in everything we do (Papa even withdrew emergency travel money for me even if I have money saved up. I guess I'm supposed to pay back in a few months with 0 % interest? ðŸ˜…) and hopefully in the near future I become an awesome parent like them.

Enough with the chatter, I will be posting lots of photos and editing videos soon so, please bear with me if I flood your feed as well.
Already excited for my next vacation leave! Where to next?

No comments:

Post a Comment