Translate

Friday, December 9, 2011

Cebu City, Philippines Travel Log: A Visitation at Chowking One Mango Dec. 2, 2011

By Fredolin Pagdilao Aguinaldo - Cebu City Philippines
.
Visiting Cebu is definitely an adventure with it's various tourist as of those historical sites will hold the prospect of fun-filled discovery of breathtaking beauty and the friendliest people you're sure to meet. I am not a typical tourist as you think but an entrepreneur looking for opportunities for my advancement as to those businesses I belong wherever I go.
.
Our first stop is in Mango Avenue, the main commercial hub and entertainment center of Cebu. Since Filipinos are notoriously trigger-happy so getting them to pose or take photo is a cinch to bring home memories of the beautiful scenery, I then started to click.
.
.
Why Chowking?
.
For those of you who don't know Chowking yet - is one of the biggest Chinese fast-food chain in the Philippines nowadays that frequented by a mixed client base especially Filipinos.
.
To start my day, I casually entered the place to have my bowl of spicy  beef wanton as usual. My wife Evelyn and my daughter Anna Mae chooses the best family food menu offered along with their favorite dessert of classic halo-halo and glasses of refreshing drinks. While indulging those sumptuous food, a familiar face just passed-by our table but since I am just taking my vacation and not at all a residence of this place, I thought it is just an illusion to see someone I know.


Nevertheless, I decided to ask a lady crew if I can talk to their Branch Manager. Hesitant at first and knowing that her face is already of purple red - that a complaint is about to be made, I threw my best smile ever assuring her of a good intention and a keyword "KsK member" makes her face aglow and exited to excuse herself. In a flash, she came back along with the lady who passed-by our table a while ago. Now I am very much sure that I know this lady, not personally but trough KsK Facebook forum is no other than Ms.  Ma. Theresa Balbuena - KSK SMP Coop Board of Director member.
.
Fred-KsK member * Ms. Balbuena-KsK Director * Anna Mae-KsK member * Evelyn
.
After exchanging pleasantries, I begun asking about the operational activities of the food joint. Thought I already browse the locality a while ago, a confirmation of my observations has been made by Ms. Balbuena to my satisfactions. She is indeed knowledgeable about business potentials in Cebu when she mentioned of KMP Food expansion programs awaiting to be implemented. To cap my visit at Chowking One Mango, Cebu - a quick tour is made. Further, she also advice us to  check-in at near-by Crown Regency Hotels and Towers for our accommodation.
.
.
Chowking One Mango, Cebu is one project that KsK - Kapatiran sa Kasaganaan Service and Multi-Purpose Cooperative owned, in-fact the only Cooperative granted by Chowking management to their fold. Chowking One Mango Cebu open its door to the public last quarter of 2010 and holds their first anniversary lately. KsK was conceptualized in Hongkong in 2004 by OFW's  trough the guidance of the Colayco Foundation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment